Sunday, January 20, 2008

Asher's Progress

When Ryan and I went to the hospital this morning we found that our little Asher has improved some. They have clamped his left chest tube and if his lung does fine without it they will remove the tube tonight or tomorrow. The right lung still has some air in it and they will not be able to clamp the right chest tube until the air is gone. This morning they also removed the Anderson tube that went down his throat removing fluid from his stomach because he doesn't need it anymore. They had to put him under the bilirubin(sp?) light and his nurse told me he had told him "he wanted to wear some cool purple sunglasses". I am so pleased to see him making progress.

6 comments:

Jeff and Angela Boyle said...

Oh, Steph, I'm sad to here about Asher, but glad that he is making progress. How are you holding up? Do you get to nurse him? Your kids look so happy to have him here with you. Good luck and may the Lord be with you.
Love Angela

BenMason said...

Hey, Jameses, congratulations, and I'm glad to hear he's doing better. I remember when Halle was in the NICU and how anxious I was. By the way, "Asher Roy" is so cool. Seriously.

Unknown said...

we love you guys!

Lynne said...

God bless our little Asher, and God bless you and Ryan, Steph. You are being so brave and strong, but remember to take care of yourself. It's also OK to have a "down" moment. Heavenly Father will be there to sustain you if you do. I'm here whenever you need me, so you need to take advantage of that. Let me know what you need. Love, Mum

Kimmie said...

Congrats! I'm sorry to hear what you guys have been going through... I know he is being watched over.. he's got grandma James!:) Love you guys.. let us all know when we can come see him! Stay happy and just "BE"!!!

Kimmie said...

Oh ya, he is so dang cute!!!!