Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Asher is off the ventilator!!!

Asher is recovering so well. Yesterday they took him off the ventilator and put him on the C-Pap. Today they took off the C Pap and put him on an oxygen canula. That is a very big step. This morning the doctor also gave an order that we (Ryan and I) can hold Asher once today. We're going to hold him tonight when we can go together. I am so excited and can hardly wait.

When I had called the NICU yesterday afternoon and was told Asher was taken off the ventilator I was ecstatic. I immediately called Ryan and other family members. Later that evening when Sterling was saying a prayer at dinner time he said "We are happy that baby Asher is off the elevator, please let him come home tomorrow". It touched my heart.





It felt wonderful to hold Asher tonight. He was not very happy about being moved around though.

6 comments:

Lynne said...

Asher's wonderful improvement is such a blessing. I'm thankful for all the prayers on his and the family's behalf. Thank goodness for Sterling who makes us all smile, all the time. Bless the James Boys and Girl. Love, Mum

Lynne said...

Someone brushed his curls all slick! No wonder he wasn't in a particularly good mood! Love, G'ma

Kimmie said...

That's great!! Good job Asher!! He's a fighter... hhmm, just like his daddy!

John Hicks said...

Such good news today. Wishing all of you the very best from a cold but bright Ireland.
John & Trudy
X

TBird and Mikelle said...

Wahoo! I am glad that he is off the "elevator" too! How precious is that! I am glad he is doing better. I have been so worried! Give him lots of loves!

Terri said...

We heard what your family has been experiencing since Asher's birth... our prayers have been with him and your family. We are so happy to hear about his improvements. Love you guys and hope to see you soon.